2008, the year I changed my life! ...2009, the year I took my life to a whole new level! ...2010, upward and ONWARD! :)

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Camping trip and all that stuff

Collin and I went camping last weekend with his family. It was the FIRST annual event, planned on the weekend closest to his late Grandma Sabourin's Birthday. We spent the weekend playing, laughing, just in general loving life! (Camping will do that to you... reminds you of what's REALLY important!)


We need to do more camping... we both really loved it, and I found a new sport I know I could REALLY get into: KAYAKING!!!

For me it was the perfect mix of being in the water but not! LOL (I'm not much of a swimmer, but I love to be in the water on a flotation device... or a boat! LOL) Collin's Grandma left her kayak to his Aunty Nanette (her daughter) and she brought it to the lake to use during the ash spreading part of the weekend. I was a little apprehensive to use it at first... but once Nanette coaxed me enough, and I was in... no looking back! (You really don't use your legs much for this sport, but it's just a wonderful way to spend an afternoon on the water! I MUST buy my own kayak! MUST!
...but not this year, that will be my plan for NEXT summer!!!)
...
..
.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy camping, and I've been wanting to try kayaking for two years now! UGH!

3:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home