2008, the year I changed my life! ...2009, the year I took my life to a whole new level! ...2010, upward and ONWARD! :)

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Allergies

I'm allergic to cold temperatures.

No, it's true! My skin has an allergic reaction when it comes in contact with cold things and I break out in hives! This is not unheard of... In the medical world it goes by the term Cold Urticaria.

Well, today it flared up exceptionally bad! I had to wait for the bus for a good 20 minutes in -30oC (which feels like -38oC due to the wind chill) temperastures! The hair that was poping out of my scarf (that I was breathing) on literally turned into an icicle! I was scared to touch it, because I thought it might just SNAP off! My feet were popsicles when I got onto the bus, my fault for not wearing my Sorel's, I guess... And when I finally did get on the bus, the hives didn't let up... I was even hiving up underneth my jacket, on my shoulder where it was touching the bus window!!! (And let's not even talk about my hands! My joints are finally getting their mobility back now! 1 hour later!)

I kinda forgot how bad this condition can be when it's REALLY cold out... I'm glad it only flares up sporadically! If I felt like this everytime I went outside in cold weather, I'd have lost it by now! If that were the case, I'd definitely be moving to Hawaii! ;)
...
..
.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good thing you don't live here in fort macmurray . it was -50 this morning if you can believe that.
syncrude has stoped production because there instruments are freezing.

5:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading this entry gave me the chills! I hate being cold!

11:36 PM

 
Blogger FitGirl said...

reply to: tuna

-50! WOW, I can totally understand why Syncruse would have to stop production! Not very many things function well at those temperatures! Especially not metal machinery!

I hope you stayed warm inside though! At those temperatures no one should be outside!!!

8:54 AM

 
Blogger FitGirl said...

Reply to: Rosie

You have the Vancouver tollerance for cold! Poor you, I didn't mean to give you the chills... *fireplace*, *hot chocolate*, *chili*, *neocitran*... there, I hope I wearmed you up a tad. ;) (those things always warm me up!)

8:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you were in Hawaii you'd be having the Hot allergy that you suffered when you visited me the summer before last!

5:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home