2008, the year I changed my life! ...2009, the year I took my life to a whole new level! ...2010, upward and ONWARD! :)

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Need a new computer

I thought I just needed a new monitor for my computer so I went out and purchased a gorgeous 19" LCD flat screen. It was gorgeous... only problem was my video card is too old to get the resolution to the right scale... so the picture was kind of fuzzy. ANNOYING!

I decided that for the extra $$$ it would cost to upgrade my video card, I can get a whole new system that will run a helluva lot faster then what I've got now. I've decided to take the plunge and return the monitor and buy a whole new desktop computer... but what spec's am I looking for? I mainly use my computer for word processing, music, photo storage/editting and email/chat/internet.

Any suggestions???
.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger islandarts said...

Shoot I forgot to email that to you.... I will have it in your inbox shortly :o/

5:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what I was quoted form a company that builds them to your scpecifications - Jen's recommendation:
AMD 64 Athlon CPU ((3 year Man warranty)
MSI K0VGM-V Mainboard (3year Man Warranty)
160 Gig Harddrive (5year Man Warranty)
LG 16X DVD-RW
Keyboard
Mouse
Floppy/Memory Card Reader
XP Home
$625

1:47 PM

 
Blogger islandarts said...

yES, WHAT SUZ SAID.
That is what you want and the price you should be looking for *that is without monitor*

1:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

512Mb DDR PC 3200 Kingston Ram (Lifetime Man Warranty)
ram can be upgraded to 1 gig for $70

2:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home