2008, the year I changed my life! ...2009, the year I took my life to a whole new level! ...2010, upward and ONWARD! :)

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Recycling Scammer

Since moving into my new house, I've been excited about the prospects of having community curbside recycling. Unfortunately, Calgary isn't installing a City Wide program like this till 2009 (rednecks much???) But there is a small local buisnesses within Calgary that do offer recycling services. (I googled to find it. Maybe that was my first mistake! I have too much faith in the internet!! I won't even post the link... that would be like Free advertising for them!) I looked over their list of items they recycle, and I was pleased that they took so many things (including Pizza Boxes, WOW!) Also, they accepted payments via Paypal! ("Sweet, I can pay now and have my recycling picked up next week!"... was my thinking.)
WRONG!
Apparently, I overlooked the "Areas that they service" and unfortunately my area does not fall in their jurisdiction. :(
So WHY didn't the company look at my address right off the bat, and realize I was out of their area of service and quickly rectify the situation and NOT accept my payment?

I have to go through this stupid rigamaroll now in order to get my money back, and they want to take all these service fees off the top! BOGUS! I really am mad about this. Last night I fired him off a rather lengthy email yesterday explaining my distaste for the situation and how it's been handled thus-far... I will be in contact with a higher power soon. Hopefully he's not such a d*ck...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the company does the right thing and quickly!! Can you take your recyclables anywhere??

1:47 PM

 
Blogger FitGirl said...

reply to rosie

The City does have recycle depots around, but what pisses me off, is that they do NOT recycle plastics! WTF? What a joke!

My Condo has recycling services included with the condo fees, and they take plastics and everything else! (So now I'm just bring my stuff to the City lots and my plastics to the condo... stupid!)

3:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home