2008, the year I changed my life! ...2009, the year I took my life to a whole new level! ...2010, upward and ONWARD! :)

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Power Tools!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I finally got out today and bought myself a Dremel Stylus Cordless rotary tool (for drilling fine holes in my resin pendants).

I just LOVE power tools... and this thing is great! I just hold the piece I want to drill a hole into in my hand and place the drill bit where I want the hole... The drill has variable speeds (1-10) so I can get the perfect amount of torque for my exact project, depending on the thoughness of what I'm drilling through. [With the resin, level 4 is all I need :) ]

Have a look at a few of my drills so far!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
^Vertical Hole

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
^ Horizontal Hole

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
^ All pendants drilled so far.

(I can't wait to put the clear pendant with the jump rings in it, on a necklace! I drilled the hole off center, so I think it will hang on an angle! So cool!)
...
..
.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was thinking i need to get a drill to do some power wrapping for my chainmaille.

9:15 PM

 
Blogger FitGirl said...

reply to: Katz

I got my drill (not my Dremel) from Canadian Tire for ~$30.00. I have used it a lot... I totally think it's worth the $$$.

Maybe you could try the power wrapping with my drill and see if you even like the technique before you get the drill. Do you just need to buy a dowel? Put it in the chuck, start your wire on the dowel and hit the trigger? Watch the power wrap! LOL If that's all you need, my drill should work.

Let me know :)

10:43 PM

 
Blogger MdG said...

Again, those are so great!!

5:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dremels are SO cool!

12:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home