2008, the year I changed my life! ...2009, the year I took my life to a whole new level! ...2010, upward and ONWARD! :)

Monday, July 31, 2006

There's aways something.

I met a guy last night, his name is Ben. He is a mountain biker just like me! :) He sounded great... and then he mentioned that he works at a bike shop as a tech. Well, ok, that I could handle. Then he mentioned that he took a major pay cut to work there! I asked why and he said because he used to live in Grande Prairie making a lot of money, but also getting himself into a lot of debt (something I've worked very hard to keep myself out of!) buying himself a new truck and motorbike!
(I cannot relate to that sort of irresponsible behavior. I do not want that kind of stress in my life!)

I suggested that we go for a mountain bike ride together anyways because he does seem like fun! I guess time will tell.

UPDATE:
Ben and I met up on Tuesday after work and went biking in Fish Creek. He had never been to Fish Creek before, so I got tot play tour guide a bit! (Kinda hard considering I don't even know the trails that that good myself.) We actually had a really good time! We got along great, and he was very friendly! We were out till 9:30 and it was starting to get dark... so we called it a day! He did seem very interested in going out again, and I know I am too!
Yay, a new riding buddy!

7 Comments:

Blogger islandarts said...

Don't be too critical right off the bat...
He may be working his way up to being a PRO or something!!

But the debt thing isn't cool.

How's the itch??

1:04 PM

 
Blogger FitGirl said...

reply to: IA

Yeah, I'll give this guy the benefit of the doubt... only because he is kinda cute :)

PS... This itch thing is driving me MENTAL! Every night it wakes me up, like I'm on fire or something! It's retarded! Now my skin feels like it's been badly sunburnt. :(

I took an antihistamine late last night cause the itching got so intense around 2:30am... I didn't even think that it was the non-drowsy type. Luckily I was still able to sleep after that!

1:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so you did decide to give that guy a chance!!

5:16 PM

 
Blogger FitGirl said...

reply to: Katz

Yeah, we chatted last night.

We are going to meet up tomorrow for a bike ride... looks like I'll be driving since he has no wheels (besides his peddal bike!) Ack!

How old am I again?

12:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can understand how you feel about the no cars and the pay cut thing...I hate feeling that way, but on the other hand, I want someone who I feel is somewhat equal to me.

11:45 AM

 
Blogger FitGirl said...

reply to: Rosie

Equalt in what way?
Financially equal? Career-goals equal? Athletically equal? Asthetically equal?

I would even just like to find someone that posesses 3 of the 4.

2:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three out of those four would be great!

It'd be great to be with someone who is not dirt broke, can have a conversation that's more than small talk, and is active!

So that's it?? Ben is just another riding buddy??

12:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home