2008, the year I changed my life! ...2009, the year I took my life to a whole new level! ...2010, upward and ONWARD! :)

Saturday, December 31, 2005

I'm a retard in the kitchen... good thing I have other skillzzz!

Wow! I was all pumped to make some Almond Roca tonight... I bought all the ingredients and had them sitting on the counter (butter in the fridge, of course) waiting to be made. Well, I finally had the time tonight to make it!
OMG... how does someone screw up candy soooo bad???


Ok Ladies... what the hell happened? I boiled the sugar and butter mixture, was doing the water test and I only got up to soft ball (barely) and all the sudden the mixture started to seperate, into crystalized sugar and cured butter (oil). What the hell???

Check out how much oil I got back --------------------->
(that's from the two batches, gone wrong!)


The first batch seems like crystally sugar, the second batch is hard as a rock.
It was like my stove couldn't quite hit the perfect temperature. :(
What a failure!

Happy New Years to ME!

4 Comments:

Blogger islandarts said...

Wow, not sure what happened there, Suz's does separate a little but not quite like that???
You'll have to ask her what went wrong.
Did you use real butter or margarine?
I use margarine and it works great.

11:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm i've never had my butter and sugar separate before. I'm constantly stirring it tho. Always afraid the sugar is going to burn.

12:50 PM

 
Blogger FitGirl said...

I even tried to put the seperated mixture back on the heat and stir, stir stir... and it just turned really dark... and then got REALLY hard.

:( Wow, I just cannot cook.

4:54 PM

 
Blogger chenlina said...

chenlina20161219
nhl jerseys cheap
louis vuitton outlet
moncler jacket
michael kors
ugg boots paris
ugg outlet
louis vuitton canada
cheap jerseys
moncler
hollister clothing

8:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home